Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Retirement - year end comments

12/30/09: Some thoughts come to mind as I close in on completion of one year of retirement. I'm surely in a great time in my life. How tremendous it is to have so many choices as I pursue new goals. Making the lifestyle change to retirement has presented large challenges, but as the adjustments take place, I'm discovering that there is more peace and calm in life than I ever imagined. I've been saying goodbye to unwanted chaos and the sense of urgency. I visited my mother's grave this summer and had the thought, "Everything is different!" And indeed everything seems to have changed. It has indeed been a beautiful time for me. I'm really experiencing a new dawn. I'm rewriting my life. I've begun to do things I'm passionate about, and I am seeking and finding a whole new presence I'd never imagined. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment