Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Cold Weather in Tucson

I thought that I might have a warmer winter here in Tucson than I did last winter in Silver City, NM. Checking the online weather report for Silver, I see that the lows this week are forecast in the teens. We will get some 20 degree evenings, but nothing colder. So yes, it's warmer here...but I'm still freezing. My next door neighbors are originally from Michigan, and they haven't used their heater yet. I've had mine blasting for a week now.  Seems I am most comfy when the indoor temperature is at least 65. Anything less and I have to throw on a coat...indoors! Maybe Arizona isn't going to me my retirement location after all. Checking the weather in Tampa, Florida I find that the temps won't be below 55 this week. It's 80 degrees in Tampa right now.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

I have friends who are spending the week in Denver. I'm not sure that's for me at all. I'll visit there again in the summer, but I think that I've had all of the snow that my poor Florida bones will ever have to suffer.  : )

It's been a great week.  I've had a few, "ah-ha", moments in the last week. I've been doing some digging into a 12-step program called, ACA.  It stands for adult children of alcoholics. I'm not all that keen on the general nature of some of the 12-step attitudes of people I've been exposed to over time, but this process of fleshing out the patterns in my past are striking.  Not easy, but enlightening. 

What else...I took a singing lesson yesterday. Anyone who's heard me sing has probably issued a sigh, but I liked it. The voice as an instrument takes a long time to learn to play, and I'm up for it. The local bluegrass crowd heard me the other day...and I didn't get the hook. More to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment