Monday, January 18, 2016

Tour de Gila - Silver City, NM

I dug into my film camera bag and found a few rolls of unprocessed film. These bicycle racing pictures are from the Tour de Gila in Silver City, NM. The race was on the first weekend of May in 2015. I was shooting both a manual focus Nikon F, and a modern auto-focus Nikon.  I'm sure these were taken with the auto-focus camera. I like the grit this woman showed. Team Optum took the win.

This long shot of a men's race shows some of the downtown Silver, as well as the hills in the desert landscape.


This is a long shot up the hill from downtown Silver to the county courthouse. There is an interesting museum in town here. And of course, Silver City being the childhood home of the infamous murderer, "Billy the Kid", the town has a number of buildings, businesses, and tourist attractions featuring the 19th century gunslinger. According to a Wiki post, William Bonnie began his criminal career in Silver.


No comments:

Post a Comment