Friday, April 22, 2016

Colossal Cave CG Vail, AZ.

Colossal Cave Park has seen its heyday, from what I hear. The cave was once alive with flowing water from stalagtites but commercialization has caused the process of regeneration to end. The Kartchner Cave National Park still has live rock formations and was my original destination yesterday. But unfortunately, the temperature at noon, above 95 in the shade, proved too much for the bus's cooling system and she overheated. Colossal Cave was close by, so I've stopped there to reaccess my situation. Fortunately, I'm only 20 miles outside of Tucson and help is available. What is really cool, pardon the pun, is that although the caves are not what I hope Kartchner Caves are, the R.V. section of the park is mine to myself. The statewide Arizona Trail passes my campsite by 50 yards and is well maintained. There is no hookup, but the plan has always been to test the 'boondockability', of me and the bus. So far, the solar panel is providing for lights, radio, and device charging, but not good refrigeration. Cream for coffee in the morning is a work I process, but a bag of ice will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment