Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tucson- Are You the One?

I have the sense that Tucson is going to be it for me. This feels like the place. What does that mean? If Tucson is it, and this is the place, then I will come back from this summer's roadtrip and rent an apartment. I'll end my roadtrip. The trip that start in May 2014. The trip that guided me toward Sitka, Alaska. And the trip that has taught me a little bit more about myself. Like learning about how valuable serenity is to me, and how important serenity is to helping the world. So, if I stop traveling, move into a home, buy furniture, then much changes. I'll have made a commitment and I'll be tied here.  I am pretty sure that this is an important decision. I anticipate relief, but disappointment also. I want to push the envelope a little further. I want the bus to take me further west and north. I don't want to simply take the Toyota again, like last year. That's too easy. I want to get the 40 year old bus out there, with the 30 year old motorcycle on the back. I'm getting a little old for fixing the bus or bike on the side of a highway, but with good preparation, and some luck, I'll be fine.

The goal this summer is to drive to an RV spot in Port Angeles, Washington, take the bike up the Inside Passage by ferry, then ride back to Washington. That would be great fun, ya think? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment