Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Travel vs Root Placement or Where does the lure of travel come from?

    There's a feeling that's recurring the last month or so. I'm finding it difficult to express, but I think that for the purposes of this blog, it's important to try.  I'm sensing a desire to move back into  the RV and travel some more. It's possible that just spending a long weekend back in the bus will more that satiate the desire, but I wonder where the allure comes from. I'll venture that it's possible that the freedom of being mobile, and unencumbered with responsibilities of a home is attractive, but then again, there are responsibilities in keeping the bus in good working and living condition. There's a sense of independence in the bus, something that allows the traveler to be free of community and neighborhood obligations. And there's the freedom of always being the new person on the block. Maybe it's that getting to know people in a community and finding one's place has responsibilities. I'm just not sure. I do like RVing, and I really do like my apartment also. The novelty of living in the confined quarters of the bus has lost its appeal. It's cool, but only for awhile. So maybe after I get the bus upgraded with some new carpet and paneling, and some new paint, I still may be drawn to move it, but I don't think it's going to be for more than a long weekend. A couple of weeks in Sedona sounds pretty attractive right now, but I'll wait until the weather warms back up a bit.

     Day to day here, I'm organizing a new man cave. I've got the shelving in place in the new storage unit and could eventually start flipping old motorcycles, and possibly four-wheelers, for fun and profit. My shoulder isn't quite much better than 75%, so I'm limited when it comes to lifting, using a saw, hammer or wrenches, but there's been good progress. I'm doing 20 push ups twice a day. I'm still using weights to develop the shoulder muscles. But it's very slow going. Unfortunately, vacuuming is a real challenge. The pushing part is pretty difficult.

     So all's well here. I look back on the last 6 months and wonder how I got through all of it. I'll guess I got by with a little help from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment