Saturday, August 23, 2014

Crawley's Ridge S.P.

What was I thinking! Did I really leave the mountains in N. Georgia for the foothills of the Ozarks? The heat index is to get to 110 degrees today. Motorcycling is okay so long as I'm moving. Stoplights are a struggle. The campsite is pretty, viewed from inside the air-conditioned RV. Me and the cat just stay holed up between 12 and 4 p.m. Mornings and evenings have been reasonable. The curvy country roads are relaxing. The Moto-Guzzi is running well, as is the Moho. She's been a great tourer so far.
Amusing story: A fellow and his wife drove the park in their Hummer. They stopped in front of the RV as I was checking the oil on the Guzzi this morning. He said he used to have a Moto-Guzzi, and was admiring my saddlebags. We chatted awhile and after relating my road trip plans, and my sense of insecurity about not having my home to go back to, he said, "I'll trade you the wife, the kid, the Hummer, the $250k house and the job if you give me the bike and the RV." I told him that I would remember that. He turned to his wife and asked if that would work for her. She just smiled. That will be a good one to remember when I'm complaining about this living on the road lifestyle. What a life!

I have a series of pictures to share but have left my cables at home. Next time I get to the Wifi spot, I'll post them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment