Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Visiting Niota, TN

Pulling up stakes at Black Rock Mountain was difficult. Just knowing I'd signed up for another 6 weeks left me a bit of guilt, but with the decision to travel West now firmly in place, I'm very happy I was able to move on.
My first stop was to visit a great old friend in Niota, TN. He and his wife helped me get a campsite in  their campground and we shared a few meals and some great stories. I had never met Jerry's wife, and she was an absolute joy to be around. We talked of old Tampa Bay stories, and of their work with helping others.  They have both been committed to being  of service all of their lives. And they are cat people! They also camp with their young adopted kitty who was now recovering for surgery to repair a toe. He was on a special diet and was being carefully nursed along the path to sound footing. I enjoyed our trip into the city of Chatanooga, and actually met another of his friends who knew one of the same people I know in Tampa. Small world.
So venturing West did not come easily. The Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Parkway were calling me. But so was this venture West. I seem to have contacts all along the way, and what became a great desire to spread my wings some more. I don't really want to be ruled by my fears, and though my bus is aging a bit, she was quite the trooper coming through the rest of the Appalachians and into middle Tennessee. I hope to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville today. And possibly get into the Ryman Auditorium, original home of the Grand Ol' Opry. I'll take the Moto-Guzzi up there and give her a good run. What a life! Prayers to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment