Monday, February 9, 2015

Staying Current

Just to stay current- I am getting bored. I seem to be waiting for parts on a continuing basis. There will be no leaving this place without paying another month's  rent. I don't actually plan to leave before March, but I'd like to have the option to.

I have a mechanic helping me with the brake job. I wonder about whether I would be shelling out another thousand dollars if he had not been involved. I'm sure I would have made due with the existing parts. Indeed, I made the decision to buy the parts, but I am second guessing myself now. One thing is certain, there's no substitute for the confidence in knowing that reliable service has been performed on a particular system, and the need for worry is minimal. That is a certainty while travelling.

One day, I may install a radio to play while driving. But I doubt I would ever play it for more than a few minutes. I don't dare miss that rattle or whine alerting me to a potential system failure. PTSD I'd say.    ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment