Friday, April 15, 2016

Roadtrip Tension

I’m having some excitement about leaving on my trip. I have some thrilling types of feelings as I realize that I’m taking on a big trip. I am taking my time, sensing a whole six month stay away from Tucson, but still have some planning to do. Planning might reduce the looseness of the trip. Planning would pin me down to times and places. That has never been my style, but I have moments when I sense it might be a good idea. I may discover impediments to traveling I haven’t foreseen. I’m not going to worry. I’m going to take my time. I’d like to get familiar with boondocking. I want to know how much battery power I have. I want to have lighting and not have to worry much about keeping batteries charged. I want to go to British Columbia. I want to travel the Inside Passage by ferry, and ride the motorcycle back to Port Angeles. And I want to meet David in the O.P. in August. Maybe I can backtrack my plans from that fixed point. I could tour BC in late July and arrive back in P.A. in early August. P.A. had good bicycling. I’d by happy to spend more time on the peninsula. I’d like to camp in more places. So one decision to make is about whether to head straight for Portland, Spokane, and Port Angeles, or go meander around New Mexico with the State Parks pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment