Friday, April 15, 2016

Summer 2016 Roadtrip Plans

The roadtrip for the summer is definitely a routine. I've taken some sort of summer roadtrip for 10 years, maybe more. This will be my 8th retirement roadtrip. Roadtrips are the excitement of the year. They are adventures. Journeys. Challenges. Now it is time to plan. It's a little late in the season, but there is still time to make some reservations. These are good times. I'd like to go to New Mexico for a while. I'll take my time going through some of the state parks. Then I will head north to the Inside Passage. If the bus decides to run all the way up to Port Angeles and the Olympic NF, then I'll park there, put the bike on the ferry, and ride all the way through Vancouver Island. I'll take the ferry up through the passage as far as Prince Rupert. Then ride the bike back through British Columbia. That would be fabulous! If the bus decides to stay in the US, a tour of the state parks in New Mexico would be very inexpensive. I could get a much better feel for boondocking with the solar panel. My hope for today is to get a 90 watt solar panel installed. I'm not crazy about climbing around on the roof of the bus, but getting the panel mounted will be great. I'm prettly sure that 90 watts will be enough to power the lights, a 12v fan, and the small 12v refrigerator. The small water pump for sinks and showering should have enough power. The radio will use very little energy. So it is time for a roadtrip. I'll take off later this month if all goes well. There's one brake hose I would like to replace, but little else. The bus should be good to go. Woohoo...roadtrip!

No comments:

Post a Comment