Thursday, May 12, 2016

Surgery? Holy Mackerel!

A quick recap here would include that at the start of my road trip to the Northwest, I fell while climbing a large rocky outcrop and wound up in the emergency room back in Tucson. I've been seeing an orthopedic guy who after seeing the MRI, wants to do surgery within the next 30 days. I'm getting a second opinion from another surgeon, one who didn't graduate from medical school last year, and who has done rotator cuff surgery on a fireman friend of mine. All said, I'm concerned, but trusting that if the surgery is indicated I have enough backup, (cooks and drivers), that I could get through the recovery process relatively comfortably. It will be a long haul, but I think that if I line up a television and a reclining chair for the RV, I'll be set. It will likely be time for the World Series before I'm fully recovered.
It's odd, but I think sometimes that there have been quite a few of these incidents that seem to be stalling my departure from Tucson. I've not only asked myself lately, "Is this where I'm supposed to be?" But also, "This really feels like home."
My neighbor told me today, "The sun is really good for you." So I'm thinking that I will do a little Tai Chi out in the desert today, and take a short run. The low impact exercise is tolerable with the separated shoulder, even though temperatures will reach triple digits today. Ah yes, summer in Tucson. We'll see how it goes. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment