Thursday, June 16, 2016

On the mends...

The recovery from rotator cuff surgery is proving a challenge this first week since the operation. The best thing to say is that my range of motion increases daily, and I'm consistently able to complete tasks I was unable to the day before. I've got a full day going with simply Ibuprofen for pain relief, and things are work out well. Typing and blog-posting is something I couldn't do a day or so ago.

The apartment is shaping up slowly. I have curtains and furniture and most of what I need to make a nice little nest near the mountains in Tucson. Sure, it's ironic that in January I'd just finished emptying my storage unit in Tampa, and now have a storage unit in Tucson, but given the sequence of events, this is the best option.

I had a notion this morning. I thought that if I were to make as much progress recovering from the rotator cuff surgery over the next 7 weeks, as I have over the last 7 days, there may still be time for a summer road trip. I'll have an apartment to come back to, and the bus and motorcycle to hit the road with. I know...ODAT. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment