Wednesday, February 25, 2015

From Home to Mobile...Again

For those thinking about RVing full-time, think about this: Your home is your automobile. When you are at home, you eat, sleep, relax, work, and generally perform all of the activities you would do in your home. When you are mobile, you drive, park, ask directions, consult your map, and eventually decide where to stop. Then you are home again. These are two different worlds. The trick is to make the transition from home to mobile as easy and efficiently as possible.

I've been in the same campsite nearly all winter. I moved from The City of Rocks SP in December. I'd spent 3 weeks there. Here at the KOA in Silver City, I'll have camped in the same spot for 3 months. With a full hook-up, there are 3 utility lines. Water, sewer, and electricity. Unplugging the electricity takes two minutes to unplug and store the power cord. The water connection is a 5 minute job with draining the hose and making sure there is a little water in the on-board tank. The sewer connection usually takes 15 minutes to flush and drain both gray and black water tanks. But if I've been in the same spot for 3 months, even cautiously accumulating only the minimum of  must-haves, there's always stuff to carry into the RV for transport. It's an operation. And then, now that it is time to move on, I'm going to start the filtration process. If I've stored something in a cubby for more than 3 months, it gets on my junk list. I'll be tossing out the stuff that I just don't use. And there's always something. I think the quote goes something like, "We travel light." And lighter and lighter, hopefully. More about the 2015 road trip plans before long. Did I say that there's a really cool house for sale in Cliff, NM?

No comments:

Post a Comment