Saturday, March 21, 2015

Silver City in Springtime

     Silver City is warming up. There is a greening of the grasses. The cacti are blooming. The warmth of mornings comes earlier. I'm reminded of the fall days in October.
     Though the road trip plans are still indefinite, I know I'll have something rolling soon. Whether I pack the Toyota with car-camping gear, load the Moto-Guzzi with backpacking gear, or just roll the Moho on down the road, I'll still have to get some inspiration.
     The clarity for now is a focus on hiking. The Gila Wilderness holds awesome jewels for day-hikes and backpacking. Without upsetting much of my stability, I have the chance to ramp up my physical condition and backpacking awareness. I'll get a few trips into the Gila under my belt, then carry my sharpened skills on to the Northwest. Eventually.
     Growing close to the people here in Silver has been a learning experience. During the 10 months I've been on the road, I haven't grown close to anyone but here in Silver. Including the time I spent at the City of Rocks SP, 25 miles south, I've been in this area for 5 months. There's still more for me here. And more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment